mercredi 17 juin 2009

Communication


Communication

I lingered in the shadows waiting to be born,
my father was electricity and my mother was a human voice.

I woke the silence between continents with a burst of static
and a talent for mimicry that mankind had never known.

I was the standard bearer of sounds so familiar,
Carrying them to all the places they had been but in ways they had never travelled.

I was stretched across time,
learning my craft and learning it well.
I crawled and then I walked and now I sprint wherever I go.
I launch myself ad infinitum and whiplash back and forth beneath the ocean.

First borne aloft on roads of copper and now highways of glass.
I scream across the air at the speed of imagination,
gathering pace with every passing second
waiting for intellect and innovation to guide me faster and faster.

I was anchored, tethered and tied to the Earth,
yet now I leap into the sky like a bolt from the blue and out into the black.
I'm all around you on the ground and in the stars.
I carry your thoughts and your words and I convey your sadness and joy.
I bear tidings good and ill.
I can save lives, and sometimes end them.

I am an order for pens and paper,
I am a mother's good night kiss.
I'm the latest headline in the paper and a faded photograph remade anew.
I'm your blessing and your curse.

Now more than ever I follow you wherever you go.
I'll bounce off tin cans in the sky to be with you.
I'll take your precious, private moments and crumble them to dust.
I'm half a world away and I'm in the next street.
I'm the bearer of all tidings.

Welcome to the Information Age.


"Contraflower" A New Poetic Underground
info@scriberazone.co.uk


Aucun commentaire: